About Us / Careers /
Project Manager, Mechanical Engineering
The Project Manager of mechanical engineering plans and manages the assigned projects to team and assures the achievement of the expected outcome on time, on cost and with the required quality.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Management of project and informal lead of project team mechanical issues regarding achievement of given project and sales projects
- Create and maintain the project plan in collaboration with project manager and other key functions
- Manage multiple, high value engineering projects executed by leading consulting firms
- Create and maintain key documents
- Networking and communication with all stakeholders
- Create a collaborative environment to work with peer project managers for other components, (sub-)systems and functions within the company
- Take part in milestone reviews, project meetings, team meetings
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Serve as internal expert in design decisions, gathering input from all project stakeholders. Drive the decision-making process related to conflicting product requirements, financial impact, and prioritization of activities. Implement decisions within the in-house project team and any external partners.
You are an open minded, curious “make it happen” person with excellent communication skills and a highly empathic attitude. Further qualifications include:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in mechanical or energy engineering
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Several years of experience in plant engineering
- Experience in leading mechanical engineering in a multicultural environment
- Very good English language skills. Other language skills are appreciated.
- Knowledge in plant engineering, design methods and related standards
- Possess strong drive, motivation and self-initiative; capable of acting independently on mechanical engineering matters within area of expertise
- CAD-skills (Vertex, Autodesk Plant, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or simillar)
Preferentially Helsinki, but other locations like Pieksämäki, Kuopio and Tampere can be considered.
For further information, please contact Tarmo Hatunen, COO, tel. +358 40 756 5079.
Leave the application here no later than 20.1.2018
We are a Finnish family company and since 1990 we have been an advocate and key facilitator of the world’s transition to clean, renewable energy. We create and implement clean-energy solutions. We renew existing energy-production systems with cleaner technologies. We interact by empowering energy producers with innovative digital tools. We lead the way with advocacy and initiatives that create better value for our partners. The company’s headquarters is located in Pieksämäki, Finland and we employ about 240 energy industry professionals.